Structure and Dynamics of Protein Networks
A. Gavin, M. Kaksonen, G. Superti-Furga
EMBL Advanced Training Centre, Heidelberg, Germany
Thursday 13 October - Sunday 16 October 2011
Information on Travel Grants and Registration Fee Waivers
Travel Grants and Registration Fee Waivers for young researchers are available for the EMBO I EMBO Symposia Series, allowing organisers to offer travel grants to a few of their selected participants coming from labs in countries in need of scientific strengthening (within Europe or internationally). Please see below for more information. When submitting your abstract you will be asked to apply for either a Travel Grant or a Registration Fee Waiver or both.
EMBO Travel Grants
Travel grants for young researchers residing in eligible countries (see below list) are available.
A maximum of 500 EUR per travel grant can be awarded (at organisers’ discretion, the amount can be lowered to accommodate more participants).
This grant should be used to cover economy travel costs.
Visa, accommodation and subsistence costs will not be covered by these funds.
Please indicate your interest for an EMBO Travel Grant when submitting your abstract. During the abstract submission phase (step 2 after you have registered for the conference) there will be a small field to complete your reasons for requesting this travel grant.
The recipients of the travel grants will be selected by the scientific organiser during the review process. If you are awarded a travel grant, you will be notified after the completion of the review process by the conference officer. This is usually two months before the conference start date.
Please make sure to keep all travel receipts for reimbursement.
Registration Fee Waivers
Registration Fee Waivers for young researcher are available.
Please indicate your interest in a registration fee waiver when submitting your abstract. During the abstract submission phase (step 2 after you have registered for the conference) there will be a small field to complete your reasons for requesting this registration fee waiver.
The registration fee waivers will be distributed at the discretion of the scientific chairs during the abstract review.
If you are awarded a registration fee waiver you will be notified after the completion of the abstract review. This is usually two months before the conference start date. If you have already paid your registration fee by this date, the EMBL Course and Conference office will request your bank details and will reimburse the registration fee. If you have not paid then your balance due will be amended to 0 EUR.
Priority is given to participants working in labs in:
EMBC Member States:
* Special Agreement with EMBC
Travel grants may also be provided to participants working in labs in the following:
Asia (excluding Japan, Singapore, and Korea)
South and Central America
Bosnia and Herzegovina
70% will be given to participants from a defined set of EMBC Members States and the remaining 30% will be for eligible non-member countries.