Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration
C. Haass, T. Golde, K. Dumstrei
EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
Sunday 14 June - Wednesday 17 June 2015
- Registration is now open. Please register online.
- Registration deadline: 3 May 2015
- Abstract deadline: 22 March 2015
- Do you have something to tweet? Use this hashtag: #EESNeuro
- Mechanisms of neuronal and cognitive dysfunction
- RNA, RNA binding proteins and RNA translation
- Chaperones, autophagy and mitochondria
- Disease progression
- Novel therapeutic approaches
- Translating to the clinic
Neurodegenerative diseases represent a major challenge for today’s society in terms of the large and rapidly increasing number of the population that are afflicted and the general lack of effective treatments. The emphasis of this symposium will be on the genetic, cellular and molecular basis of neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Prion disease. The meeting will cover the major mechanisms linked to neurodegeneration and highlight the similarities and differences between the diseases. A strong emphasis will be placed on the development of targeted drug therapies and potential treatment options.
This meeting aims to bring together basic and clinical research scientists working on different forms of neurodegeneration with their counterparts from the biotechnology and pharma industry to apply recent insights gained in the mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases and the development of drug therapies. This symposium will bridge the gap between basic research and medical research in an area that urgentlyrequires therapeutic progress.