Seeing is Believing - Imaging the Processes of Life
J. Ellenberg, J. Lippincott-Schwartz
EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
Tuesday 6 October - Saturday 10 October 2015
- EMBL does not work with a third party travel agent nor request credit card details. For more information please see our SCAM ALERT.
- Please only submit applications for fellowships directly to EMBL when you submit your abstract. Do not respond to any other third parties soliciting applications.
- Registration is now open. Please register online.
- Abstract submission deadline: 10 July 2015
- Registration deadline: 21 August 2015
- Do you have something to tweet? Use this hashtag: #EESImaging
The processes of life are naturally dynamic in space and time from the atomic to the organismal level. The rapid development of imaging methods across this full scale of biological organisation is revolutionising our ability to visualise the inner workings of proteins, protein complexes, organelles, cells, tissues, organs and whole organisms. Being able to see biological processes unfold in real time allows us to understand the mechanism of life as well as disease.
The symposium will bring together the leading developers of imaging methods with cutting edge applications that illustrate how imaging can answer biological questions. We will place emphasis on methods that are able to capture the dynamics of life, spanning the whole range from molecular resolution to imaging of whole organisms.
- Superresolution microscopy
- Single molecule imaging
- Image analysis
- Correlative imaging
- Probes and biosensors
- Light sheet microscopy
- Intravital imaging
- Structural biology
- Cell biology
- Developmental biology
- Disease biology
- Bioimage informatics
Who should attend?
Everybody interested in the latest imaging technologies and their applications in the life sciences. The symposium provides many opportunities for presentations, discussions and interactions between students, postdocs, junior as well as senior investigators.