New Approaches and Concepts in Microbiology
P. Cossart, KC Huang, M. Laub,
EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
Sunday 11 October - Wednesday 14 October 2015
- Registration is now open. Please register online.
- Preliminary programme is now available.
- Abstract submission deadline: 20 July 2015
- Registration deadline: 31 August 2015
- Do you have something to tweet? Use this hashtag: #EESMicrobio
- Check out what participants, organisers and speakers said about the 2013 Symposium!
This symposium will cover a broad range of topics in prokaryotic biology, including antibiotic-related research, network biology, bacterial communities, cell biology, regulation & signalling,pathogenesis and evolution. Emphasis will be placed on novel approaches that drive each field or have the potential to revolutionise future research in microbiology.
This meeting aims to bridge the gap between traditional microbiology and systems approaches/novel technologies, by exposing microbiologists to new ways of addressing their hypotheses, and allowing systems or technology experts to get a feeling of the burning questions in the field and find collaborators for follow-up work or for applying their technology.
It is a must-attend conference for scientists working with bacteria and new technologies, and is a continuation of the very successful first meeting in 2013: www.embo-embl-symposia.org/symposia/2013/EES13-05/.
The symposium is planned to take place on a regular, biennial basis in the future. The focus will remain on the interface of new technologies and new biology in bacteria, but the thematic areas will regularly change and speaker line-ups will have no overlap between two consecutive meetings.
- Bacterial systems biology & new approaches
- Single-cell approaches & cell biology
- Antibiotic action resistance persistence
- Microbial communities / microbiotas / symbiosis
- Pathogenesis & infection
- Regulation, signalling & transcriptional networks