The Complex Life of mRNA
A. Ephrussi, N. Sonenberg, J. Steitz, D.Tollervey
EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
Wednesday 5 October - Saturday 8 October 2016
Registration - 24 Aug 2016
Abstract submission closed
- Registration and payment deadline is 24 August. Please register online.
- We have created a mobile app for your event! You can find out more detailed information on the app here!
- Onsite childcare now available!
- Do you have something to tweet? Use this hashtag: #EESmRNA
Before the genetic information stored in DNA can be used to direct cell growth and metabolism, it has to be transferred into RNA. Messenger RNAs (mRNAs) are key components in the transmission of genetic information in all life forms - from viruses to complex mammalian organisms. Exciting recent findings have revealed a remarkable degree of complexity in the lives of mRNAs and the field is rapidly developing.
The EMBO | EMBL Symposium “Complex Life of mRNA” will bring leaders in the mRNA field together with post-docs and students, to disseminate and discuss the most recent results. The programme includes sessions on:
- mRNA processing
- Export and localization
- mRNA surveillance and decay
- Translation and the control of mRNA expression by microRNAs