Terms and Conditions for 2018 events
Terms and Conditions for 2019 events are being revised and will be published shortly
EMBL’s courses and conferences hosted in the EMBL Advanced Training Centre are organised entirely on a non-profit basis, with the aim to limit expenses and minimise registration fees. In order to achieve these goals sponsorship funds are used collectively to support all EMBL’s courses and conferences in the EMBL Advanced Training Centre and not individual events.
Booking and Allocation of Space
- Sponsorship will be allocated only on receipt of a signed booking form. An e-mail confirmation will be provided by EMBL to confirm the booking. Applications will be processed in order of receipt.
- Exhibition space will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. EMBL reserves the right to rearrange the floor-plan and / or relocate any exhibit without notice. There is no discount or refund for any facilities not used. Exhibitors are required to wear their name badges during exhibition hours. Exhibitors without name badges may be asked to leave at the discretion of the EMBL Course and Conference Office.
- No booking shall be transferred to another company/person or another event without the prior consent of the EMBL Course and Conference Office.
- Invoices are to be paid within 30 days after the invoice date. All bank charges are to be paid by the sponsoring/exhibiting company.
- 19% VAT is applicable to the listed prices for sponsoring companies from Germany and non-EU countries. All other EU countries are required to provide their VAT number. All monies are payable in Euro. Any bank fees incurred must be paid by the sponsoring company.
- The sponsoring/exhibiting company is liable for all damages to persons, material and property caused by them, their representatives, agents, guests or any third party in relation to the event.
- The sponsoring/exhibiting company keeps EMBL indemnified against all claims for damages, which may occur in relation to the event.
- EMBL is not liable for any delayed or lost packages, or property of the sponsoring or exhibiting company, which are delivered to or collected from the EMBL Advanced Training Centre.
- EMBL is not liable for any items brought onto the premises by the sponsoring or exhibiting company, their employees, suppliers or other third parties.
- EMBL will not be in any way liable for any loss or disappearance, by theft or otherwise, of any object, items, goods or materials, whether personal or commercial property, from the Sponsor’s/Exhibitor’s booth space or from the exhibit hall.
Set-up and Delivery
- Any sound system or equipment generating excessive noise is forbidden and will be removed at the exhibitor’s expense.
- No adhesive tape of any kind is to be placed on the floor, walls, fixtures, fittings or artwork within the EMBL Advanced Training Centre.
- Any electrical wiring, leads and plugs for use in the EMBL Advanced Training Centre must comply with the relevant German standards.
- All deliveries for events must be arranged with EMBL’s staff at the Advanced Training Centre prior to delivery. All parcels must be clearly marked with the name and date of the event.
- If the Sponsor/Exhibitor is delayed in arrival or set-up, they must notify the EMBL Course and Conference Office.
- Displays must be contained within the assigned booth spaces in such a way that they do not interfere with other exhibitors’ displays or block emergency exits. Canvassing or distributing advertising material outside of the assigned booth space is not permitted and is grounds for removal from the exhibition hall. In those cases, the company may be excluded from future events hosted by EMBL. EMBL reserves the right to restrict, prohibit or remove any exhibit or display items which, in the sole opinion of EMBL, may detract from the general character of the exhibition or be considered objectionable to EMBL or supporting organisations, facilities and stakeholders as a whole. In the event of such restriction or removal, EMBL will have no liability therefore, nor will refund any amount paid thereunder.
- Cancellation by Sponsor/Exhibitor: Cancellation requests must be made in writing. If cancellation occurs less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the event, the cancellation fee is 100% of the sponsorship sum. If cancellation occurs between 4 months and 6 weeks prior to the start of the event, the cancellation fee is 50% of the sponsorship sum. If cancellation occurs more than 4 months prior to the start of the event, a cancellation fee of € 75 will be charged.
- Cancellation by EMBL: If the Sponsor/Exhibitor fails to make a payment required by this contract in a timely manner, EMBL may terminate this contract (and the Exhibitor’s participation in the event) upon written notice of termination without obligation to refund any monies previously paid. EMBL reserves the right to refuse the Sponsor/Exhibitor permission to move in and set up an exhibit if the Sponsor/Exhibitor is in arrears of any payment due to EMBL. EMBL may also terminate this contract effective upon written notice of termination if the Sponsor/Exhibitor breaches any of its obligations under this contract or any other contract or arrangement with EMBL, without any obligation on EMBL’s part to refund any payments previously made and without releasing any Sponsor/Exhibitor from any liability arising as a result of or in connection with such breach. If EMBL removes or restricts an objectionable or inappropriate exhibit, no refund will be due to the Sponsor/Exhibitor.
- By completing the Conference/Course Sponsorship Booking Form and incorporating these terms by reference, the Sponsor/Exhibitor agrees to abide by these rules and regulations, and those of the facility and by the decision of EMBL. This agreement will become binding on both the Sponsor/Exhibitor and EMBL upon its acceptance by EMBL.
Pursuant to EMBL’s status as an Intergovernmental Organization, these terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with their true meaning and effect and independently of any national or local law. Solely insofar as these terms and conditions are silent, ambiguous or unclear, then, in those circumstances only and solely in respect of those circumstances and not in respect of the agreement as a whole, reference shall be made to German substantive law. Any disputes under this agreement shall, to the extent possible, be settled amicably. That failing, any such dispute shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration under the expedited proceedings of the German Institution of Arbitration e.V. (DIS) and without recourse to the ordinary courts of law (the place of arbitration shall be Heidelberg, Germany).