Coronavirus information for participants
The onsite course and conference programme at EMBL has been paused until the end of June 2020.
We aim to continue offering our advanced training for the scientific community however we safely can. While some events have been cancelled, many have been rescheduled for a later date and others will be delivered as virtual events.
Registration is open for onsite courses and conferences starting after 1 July and for the virtual events. All registration fees for any events which don’t take place due to the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
- The schedule of the conference shuttle bus can be viewed here.
- Check your poster number here.
- Please contact Maryann Smith for late registration.
- Get in touch with other participants on the conference Facebook page
- Do you have something to tweet? Use the hashtag: #EESmRNA
Before the genetic information stored in the DNA can be used to direct cell growth and metabolism it has to be transferred into RNA. Messenger RNAs (mRNAs) are key components in the transmission of genetic information in all life forms - from viruses to complex mammalian organisms. Exciting recent findings have revealed a remarkable degree of complexity in the lives of mRNAs and the field is rapidly developing.
The EMBO | EMBL Symposium “Complex Life of mRNA” will bring leaders in the mRNA field together with post-docs and students, with the aim of disseminating and discussing the most recent results. The programme includes sessions on:
- mRNA processing
- Export and localization
- mRNA surveillance and decay
- Translation and the control of mRNA expression by microRNAs