EMBL Courses and Conferences during the Coronavirus pandemic
With the onsite programme paused, many of our events are now being offered in virtual formats.
Registration is open as usual for many events, with back-up plans in place to move further courses and conferences online as necessary. Registration fees for any events affected by the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
- Final conference shuttle bus schedule is available here.
- List of posters is available here.
- Registration is closed. Please contact Maryann Smith to inquire about late registrations.
- We have created a mobile app for your event! You can find out more detailed information on the app here!
- Onsite childcare now available!
- Do you have something to tweet? Use this hashtag: #EESmRNA
Before the genetic information stored in DNA can be used to direct cell growth and metabolism, it has to be transferred into RNA. Messenger RNAs (mRNAs) are key components in the transmission of genetic information in all life forms - from viruses to complex mammalian organisms. Exciting recent findings have revealed a remarkable degree of complexity in the lives of mRNAs and the field is rapidly developing.
The EMBO | EMBL Symposium “Complex Life of mRNA” will bring leaders in the mRNA field together with post-docs and students, to disseminate and discuss the most recent results. The programme includes sessions on:
- mRNA processing
- Export and localization
- mRNA surveillance and decay
- Translation and the control of mRNA expression by microRNAs