Coronavirus information for participants
The onsite course and conference programme at EMBL has been paused until the end of June 2020.
We aim to continue offering our advanced training for the scientific community however we safely can. While some events have been cancelled, many have been rescheduled for a later date and others will be delivered as virtual events.
Registration is open for onsite courses and conferences starting after 1 July and for the virtual events. All registration fees for any events which don’t take place due to the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
Liquid phase separation is emerging as a common biophysical basis underlying many important cellular functions. This conference will bring together scientists from soft matter polymer physics, molecular “un” structural biologists, and biologists working in cell, developmental and neurobiology
- to increase the awareness for how important phase separation is for our understanding of many biological processes
- to explore the large repertoire of new tools generated by other disciplines that are ripe to be applied to complex problems related to phase separation
- to close the gap in human potential and transdisciplinary training to tackle the role of phase separation in biology
- Liquid compartments in the cell
- Molecular mechanisms of phase separation
- Phase separation, a polymer physics perspective
- Phase separation in developmental biology and non-linear signalling
- The pathological face of phase separation
- Protein structure in the condensed state
- Phase separation in neurobiology
At least 24 slots available for talks selected from abstracts (at least 8 for PhD students & 8 for Postdocs). We want to showcase the newest science! Meet senior editors from Science, Nature, Cell and EMBO Press during our symposium.