The ability to grow human tissues from stem cells in 3D culture has the potential to revolutionise the drug discovery process and regenerative medicine. Building on a long tradition of cell and developmental biology knowledge, organoids resembling a variety of human tissues have been generated. This symposium will bring together the leading researchers in this field to establish a new research community and reveal parallels between various tissue models.
The aim of this meeting is to bring together researchers from different fields to enhance our understanding of how organoids can be formed and maintained, how they can be used to study disease and how we might eventually use them to regenerate and replace human organ tissue.
- Stem Cells and Development
- Organoids from tissue stem cells
- Recreating organs from pluripotent stem cells
- Organoids and disease modeling
- Cells and materials in regenerative medicine